Monday, February 4, 2008

The Final Challenge of Project Dollway "Black & white & red all over"

The Final Challenge of the 1st Project Dollway 2008:
"Black & white & red all over"

We are at the end of Season One of project Dollway and it has been an amazing journey for me as a doll fashion designer, which I now refer to myself as. Having had the opportunity to design my own creations to satisfy challenge guidelines and parameters has been a dream come true for me. I am a graphic designer who collects dolls. I ventured into costume design and found that gratifying but combining my love of dolls and fashion has been the ultimate gift for me.
This challenge was named: Black and white and red all over.

Initially I wanted to create a black & white plaid skirt, white top and little flirty red coat with ruffled sleeves. After doing a preliminary drape I realized the skirt was too short for this doll. Having run out of fabric and not being able to find similiar plaid, I had to rethink.

My model was an ultra-curvy 16" Eve doll by Susan Wakeen with hair restyled and her lips repainted. She wears a tight fitting back crisscross strapped dress topped with a sheer black and white dotted bust. I created the purse with red suede and super thin crocodile printed black vinyl. Croc vinyl strappy shoes finish the ensemble. Click on the photo to see it larger.


Shelly said...

wow! You are very creative and talented! What a gorgeous doll!

nora said...

ohmigod..she looks just like you.beautiful, cute, stylish..