Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Challenge 9- The Gabby "Collection Piece"


In this next to last challenge of Project Dollway, At Home Designers were to create a collection "outfit" that would represent a 12 piece clothing line. I chose Gene as my stand-in doll because of her casual red swept back hair that works well with the Ready-to-Wear outfit that features rich color and tones and mixed patterns and fabrics. The peplum top is made from thin, red, ultrasuede. It is supple and soft and drapes beautifully. It is topped with a pleated detail to mimic the longer flirty pleats at the bottom of the fully lined skirt and gathered in a three knotted belt made from the skirt fabric. (Click on photo to see a close-up).

I wanted to play with the juxtaposition of the tailored look of suede in the sleeveless top with the gauzy, woven cotton "bohemian" pattern of the skirt, (see close-up below). I am looking forward to creating ready-to-wear to eveningwear with these varied materials!

I added a slouchy bag that wasn't too casual but could be dressed up as the collection unveils. The purse is made from a pre-gathered stretchy sheer tie-dyed cotton, usually used for hippie-styled blouses and skirts. I have been asked for a tutorial on creating the bag. Close-up of slouchy bag can be seen below.



1 comment:

PoetC7 said...

I like this one a lot. I can see her walking the streets of Havana ...