Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Challenge #3- The Little Black Dress






Challenge #3 doll is Mattel's Silkstone Barbie. I am happy because I do own a few of the early dolls. I chose Dawn to Dusk redhead for her smoldering looks against my hopefully "cool" black with white fur collar dress. The challenge was to do a classic little black dress plus one color. I chose white, green (not shown), and pink for my three design submissions. The white is my personal favorite.


Bodice of "white" is a black velvet with a short nap. The full party skirt was made with a heavy black knit and edged in ribbon trim and a satin shiny bow finished the look. The fur collar keeps the chill off until Barbie is ready. I adorned the fur with 3 little rhinestones for glamour, wrapped the shoes in ribbon fabric and made the custom gold champagne bag for toasting the New 2008 Year in! The glass was provided. I also constructed the modern stand.


For "LBD plus pink" I wanted an edgier look. Ripped lace for Silkstone's face veil and a short dance dress edged in pink and black lace. I used a wonderful swirled trim for her wrap and purse. The only critique was that i should have brought pink to another part of the ensemble, preferably at the head. Note taken.

No comments: